Friday, November 04, 2005

Running errand...

Finally taking a day off from work after months. Fully utilised the day to run my own errand that were long overdued.

1. Banked in a cheque that was atleast a month old.

2. Paid up a credit card bill, which the inter-bank giro(payment) facility is not approved & activated yet.

3. Renewed my Singapore re-entry permit today. Thanks to the very friendly staff at the Singapore immigration office, I had it renewed although I did not have all the required documents. I only found that I needed a company letter for reference to renew my permit, when I was given the form. The staff there suggested me to call my employer & ask them fax the company reference letter to their fax machine. And they can help to process the rest. Also thankfully, I had some CPF(central provident funds) & income tax assessment letters in my car. So after making some phone calls & getting some documents from my car. It took only about 10 mintues for the officer to issue me a renewed re-entry permit. That is something really commendable. Excellent services by the Singapore immigration department.

4. Also, two pieces of my Twinmos ram were causing some random crashes of games like a month or so back. Running a memtest diagnostic tools reveal that the ram is failing at test #5. And the best part about getting Twinmos ram, they have lifetime warranty. So this is the first time in many weeks do I have time to go back to Twinmos's office for RMA(return material authorization). And as I experienced before. The service is again excellent. The staff just took my rams without questions(no receipt needed by the way), and couple of minutes later, came back with two pieces of flashy & new rams. I told her probably only one of them is faulty & she gladly change both for me, so that I can run them in dual-channel still. Excellent service as usual.

5. Finally, bought a replacement flushing mechanism for my toilet which started creating problem a day ago. Took me like 20 minutes to fix it up & tighten everything to ensure nothing is leaking.

A very tired day indeed, but atleast got all of the long overdued tasks done in a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home